Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Audio from the Archive

It's been a long time since my last post, but I haven't fallen off the face of the earth. I've just been deep in thesis writing, as well as writing another paper on related topics. I hope to start publishing draft excerpts of my thesis here soon. In the meantime, I thought I'd post the following.

Last year, I produced a little audio montage for one of my courses. I'd completely forgotten about it until one of my classmates asked me for a copy. It's essentially a collection of clips related to contemporary internet policy debates, mixed over music by The Irresistible Force and Fila Brazilia.

You can listen to the MP3 here.

Voices include:
Studs Turkel, Documentarian (2001)
Marshall McLuhan (1967)
J.C.R. Licklider, Internet Engineer (1972)
Bell Labs Speech Synthesis Record (1962)
Bill Moyers (2006)
Senator Ted Sevens, R-AK (2006)
Lyndon B. Johnson (1967)
Edward R. Murrow (performed by David Straithairn)
Newton Minnow, FCC Chairman (1961)
Tim Wu, Columbia Law School (2006)
Yochai Benkler (2006)
Vinton Cerf, Internet Engineer (2006)

No comments: